Getting to the InterContinental Buckhead on Atlanta’s MARTA system
Getting from the airport to the hotel using Atlanta’s MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) train is easy! MARTA’s airport station is attached to the Airport, right off baggage claim. When you arrive, follow the signs to MARTA. The entrance to MARTA’s Airport Station is located inside the western end of the airport’s main terminal. The fare gates are just a few feet from the baggage claim areas. Follow the signs, they are plentiful. The MARTA website included a video on using the train. Watch the video
Take the Red Northbound line going towards North Springs Station. Get off the train at Buckhead station, 14 stops from the airport. Come out of station, turn left, and walk 1 block. The InterContinental Hotel will be on your left.
5 simple steps to riding MARTA
1. Plan your trip. Use the MyCommute Trip Planner to create personalized trip plans, view schedules and find the MARTA bus stops or train station closest to you. If you need additional help, call MARTA Customer Information Center at 404-848-5000, Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
2. Get a Breeze Card. Breeze Cards are available at any MARTA RideStore, or from a Breeze Vending Machine. The cost of a Breeze Card is $1.00. Additional fare or value must be loaded on the card at the time of initial purchase.
3. Load Value on your Breeze Card. Fares can be loaded on your card at the Breeze Vending Machines, MARTA Ridestores and on the MARTA website.
4. Tap your Breeze Card. Go to the train station or bus stop closest to you (remember to be a few minutes early) and tap your Breeze Card on the blue target to pay your fare. Once your card has been read, you will have access to the system.
5. Exit to destination or transfer. Tap the blue target with your Breeze Card to exit the train station. You may transfer for free by tapping again immediately on the bus or at the station at your point of exit.
For more information visit the MARTA website